Hmmm... Google not working?

- <http://del.icio.us/help/thirdpartytools> lists the APIs for a variety of programming languages at the bottom of the page.

- <http://www.scifihifi.com/cocoalicious/> is an open source Cocoa del.icio.us client, so you should be able to see what they did.

On Jun 21, 2008, at 10:14 PM, an0 wrote:

Cool, it works. Thanks a lot.
But as to APIs, I really can't find the login API, or I would of
course use that instead of posting forms.
Can you tell me where the login API is?

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Jens Alfke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is pretty weird. After some experimenting, I narrowed it down to the value of the User-Agent header. I think the del.icio.us server is checking that header and returning a 404 if it doesn't like it. And it doesn't seem to like CFNetwork's default user-agent header, though it likes Safari and
curl.

You can programmatically set the "User-Agent" header value to "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like
Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Safari/525.20" and the result should work.

On the other hand, why are you trying to log into del.icio.us using forms and cookies as though you were a web browser? That site already has a pretty
comprehensive API for applications to access it; you should use that
instead. (That may in fact be what they're trying to tell you by blocking
your request.)