macOS 12.5

I try to make a sub image (subRect has size 32 x 32) like:

NSRect pubRect = NSZeroRect; pubRect.size = subRect.size;
NSImage *subImage = [ [NSImage alloc] initWithSize: subRect.size ];

[ subImage lockFocus ];
[ self.image    drawAtPoint:    NSMakePoint(0, 0)
                                fromRect:               subRect
                                operation:
NSCompositingOperationCopy
                                fraction:               1
];
NSBitmapImageRep *oneRep = [ [ NSBitmapImageRep alloc ]
initWithFocusedViewRect: pubRect ];
[ subImage unlockFocus ];

NSData *subData = [ oneRep representationUsingType: NSPNGFileType  properties:
@{} ];

the image looks fine, but when I write subData to disk, it has 64 x 64 pixels.

How can this doubling of pixels be avoided?

Gerriet.