> On 29 Jun 2017, at 00:48, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 28, 2017, at 01:38 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did just that.
>
> Not quite …
>
>> I have a Master View Controller Scene with a MasterViewController ←
>> UIViewController (which previously had a TableView, now has a UIView, called
>> “Container View” ); it now also has:
>> containerView → Container View, and:
>> Show segue to “Table View Controller”
>>
>> And a new: Table View Controller Scene
>> This has: Presenting Segues: Show → Container View viewDidLoad:
>
> You don’t want a “show” segue, you want an “embed” segue. I just ran through
> the process in a fresh project, and:
>
> — When I dragged a container view into the main view, IB automatically game
> me an embedded (plain) view controller.
>
> — I deleted this embedded controller.
>
> — I dragged a new table view controller onto the canvas.
>
> — I control dragged from the container view to the table view controller, and
> chose “embed” for the segue.
>
> That runs just fine.

Indeed. Following your instructions again (this time making sure to use an
“embed” segue) there is no crash.
But also no table view.

I had to do two more steps:

1. give the segue an identifier, like: “EmbedSegueToTableViewController”

2. in the UITableViewController which formerly did have a UITableView and now
has the container view:

- (void)viewDidLoad
{
        …
        [ self performSegueWithIdentifier: @“EmbedSegueToTableViewController”
sender: self ];
}

Now everything seems perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help - I never would have figured this out on my own.
Very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Gerriet.