> On Sep 26, 2017, at 7:25 AM, Richard Charles <rcharles...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Question: Has anyone successfully upgraded the firmware an older Mac Pro when
> installing High Sierra?

I upgraded my MacPro5,1 without incident. However, the subsequent installation
progress just hung the computer when the progress bar was about 9/10 of the way
through. (I left it on overnight and nothing else happened.) Hard rebooting it
worked successfully. Maybe this was related to its conversion of my SSD to
APFS? Who knows.

Anyway, this isn't Cocoa-related, so we probably shouldn't be discussing it on
this list.