> On Feb 22, 2019, at 1:07 PM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> It should not show the /api in the description of the URL if it is not going
> to use it in any call using that URL.

The .baseURL property returns the original URL with the /api path.

> It’s outright misleading and there is nothing in the class docs for NSURL or
> in the header that indicate this is the intended behavior.

I agree it’s weird. I suspect it reflects an implementation where a relative
URL is stored as the relative path plus a pointer to the base NSURL object …
but that’s not really relevant to anyone using it.

It’s been this way forever, or at least since 2001. Feel free to file a Radar.
But it’s just the .description, so if you ignore that property you’ll be OK.

—Jens