On Jun 24, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Dave DeLong wrote:
Sourcelist active background color:  RGB(214, 221, 229)  (#d6dde5)
Sourcelist inactive background color: RGB(232, 232, 232)  (#e8e8e8)

I got this by taking two screenshots and using the color palette's
magnifying glass.

This is what you're looking for, right?

Yes and no. Measuring the actual RGB values gives you what your system is displaying it with at the moment, not the computation that leads to that color - assuming such a computation takes place. Whether or not those are fixed values, I don't know. I guess that's part of the question (only Apple might be able to answer). I should have been more careful when asking. Sorry.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Regards
Markus