Wildly guessing here, but could be that NSLog uses different implementations
depending on how it was launched. It could be using os_log() under the hood,
which doesn't necessarily format all parameters right away, but rather just
sends them to the logging system, which then formats it?

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de