Hi All,

I’m at a loss here.  I’ve created a statusbar item, using Swift 5, whose first
menu item is a textwithstepper NSDatePicker which I created by setting the menu
item’s view. This all works fine when run from within XCode.  Running the app
directly still works, however I can’t select the fields to change with the
stepper, why it works in Xcode and not without I don’t know. So, I’m thinking I
have to implement acceptsFirstMouse(for event:) to return true, I think.

I’ve subclassed NSMenuItem and overridden acceptsFirstMouse( for event:) but
then how do I add the NSDatePicker? I can’t override the NSMenuItem view
variable, if I set the view to my subclass and then set the view to the
datepicker, it’s not my subclass anymore. I’ve been over and over this and I’m
just not getting it.

A clue, a pointer, an example, anything would be appreciated.

— Mark