> 2019. 10. 12. 오후 7:52, Jean-Daniel <mail...@xenonium.com> 작성:
>

>>> Le 12 oct. 2019 à 03:07, 조성빈 via Cocoa-dev <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> a
>>> écrit :
>>>

>>> 2019. 10. 12. 오전 9:55, Richard Charles via Cocoa-dev
>>> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> 작성:

>>> If I understand this correctly.
>>>
>>> Microsoft Office Web apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are simplified versions
>>> of desktops apps that run in a web browser along with a subscription
>>> service.
>>>
>>> Apple iWork web apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) are feature complete
>>> versions of desktop and mobile apps that run in a web browser. Apple has
>>> never released the details of how they do this.
>>
>> Microsoft Office & Apple iWork web apps could be complex due to
>> compatibility with the offline ones, and that they have a feature set that
>> only has steadily expanded for a ten to twenty years.
>> They also need to have their app integrated with their other services.
>>
>>> Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Lightroom and Photoshop) are native apps for
>>> desktop and mobile with cloud based storage and a subscription service.
>>> They are not cross-platform browser based web apps.
>>>
>>> None but the biggest of companies can do this.
>>
>> That’s not true, web apps aren’t really complex if you get to use the npm
>> ecosystem. There are high quality libraries that do much of the heavy
>> lifting, so writing ones usually are wiring glue code between the libraries.
>
> I’m not quite sure what your definition of complex is, but on my side, I
> consider that an app that use hundred (if not thousand) of dependencies that
> have to be review

To be optimal, all of the npm dependencies should be reviewed... but I’ve never
seen a codebase that reviews all of its deps.
Mostly, if it is done, it’s usually the direct ones, and to be honest, it
really doesn’t matter if you want to get things done.

I’m pretty sure most Cocoa codebases don’t review its cocoapods deps as well.

> and properly managed to avoid conflict

I’ve never seen npm dependencies conflict.

> and can disappear without notice and break your app,

After the left-pad fiasco, packages with dependents cannot be removed without
npm’s consent.