I have developed two Cocoa apps, one launching the other helper app.

If number two app crashes then macOS may ask the user if he wants to relaunch
it,
but it makes no sense launching it on its own, because it must be launched in a
controlled manner and environment from the first app.

I believe data in "~/Library/Saved Application State" is being used for this,
how can I programmatically in app two tell that restoration is not useful ?

I’ve tried myMainWindow.restorable = NO.

I’ve learned that you can do
   defaults write com.mycompany.myapp2 NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false
but I cannot ask users to open Terminal.

Maybe I could use
   [NSUserDefaults.standardUserDefaults setBool:NO forKey:@“
NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows”];
but i hope there is another way