> On Dec 12, 2019, at 7:42 AM, Robert Walsh via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
> I am writing a command line application in Objective-C that needs to make a
> TCP connection to a server.  In a unit test for the TcpClient class I am
> writing, I have a simple TCP server that listens for connections in a thread.
>  When I try to connect to this socket from the client socket class, connect()
> fails and perror reports Permission Denied.

That's odd. I've written plenty of macOS networking code and not seen this
problem. What is the errno value?

The only thing I can guess is that the Xcode test-runner process is being
sandboxed to prevent outgoing networking, but I've definitely run TCP
connections from XCTests without problems. Are you connecting to "localhost" /
127.0.0.1, or using an explicit IP address?

—Jens