I have some trivial questions regarding sorting a simple array of strings.

I used to use this code:

    NSSortDescriptor *sd = [[NSSortDescriptor alloc] initWithKey: nil
ascending: YES];//TODO: raus
    [imagefiles_ sortUsingDescriptors: @[sd] ];

where imagefiles_ is an NSMutableArray* .

Now, in the developer doc
(
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Collections/Articles/Arrays.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000132-SW5)

I saw a different method. Following that, I was thinking of sorting my array
like this:

    NSArray * sorted_images = [imagefiles_ sortedArrayUsingSelector:
@selector(localizedStandardCompare:) ];
    imagefiles_ = [NSMutableArray arrayWithArray: sorted_images];

First of all, what are the advantages/disadvantages of either method?

Second, I was wondering if I could write the second method like this:

    imagefiles_ = [imagefiles_ sortedArrayUsingSelector:
@selector(localizedStandardCompare:) ];

Thanks a lot in advance.