> For logging, my old logging code was replaced by CocoaLumberjack

A quick glance it it looks interesting.
Do you know (off the top of your head) whether it puts log message into the
general syslog?
That would be nice because it would make it easy to look at the log message on
my side using the regular console 'show' command.

> which has a max file size and then we would email the log by using
> MFMailComposeViewController and MFMailComposeViewControllerDelegate.

Would you mind sharing a bit of code?

> If you wanted to filter out all of the lines you wanted, from the system log,
> you could set up a predicate on the name of your app and return the text that
> is a log message from your app.  If you want, you can also filter on a
> timestamp within now to n weeks or months back.

Do you have code for that approach, too?
(I am mostly working with Objective-C)

Best regards, Gabriel