On 11.11.2020 at 16:51 Steven Mills via Cocoa-dev wrote:

> You also need to learn how view coordinates work. A view's bounds
> will almost always have an origin of 0,0.

Yeah, but size.width is 0 too so something must be wrong in that code...

>  What you want is the
> view's frame, which is the rectangle of the view as seen by its superview.

Tried it. Getting 0 for everything in that case as well.

> Did you try my other suggestions first? If the layout system can
> handle this for you, then your work is done.

No, because your words "mess with the constraints" didn't sound like this was
going to be a very elegant solution ;)

Have you got any code on how to add constraints to the text field? I don't
really have the time to read and understand the whole auto layout shebang
just to give this a try.

After all, I can't even get the NSTextField's size so I'm a bit skeptical
if auto layout is going to solve this since even such basic things as getting
the NSTextField's size don't seem to work...

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com