I was wondering if anything regarding the accessing of photos has changed under
macOS Monterey or Big Sur.

For a number if macOS generations, it was no longer possible to access the
photos from an app using PhotoKit.
Even with the proper capabilities this was not possible any more, because,
unlike under iOS, under macOS some crucial functions are missing.

Now one user has sent me a screenshot that lists my app under System
Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy / Photos.
Does that mean anything? does it mean I could access the photos again?

Curiously, my app (very same version) is not listed on my Mac!
Why is that?

All kinds of insights will be appreciated.

Best regards, Gabriel