Thanks a lot for the hint.

Alas, the user has reported that Console does not show any crash report w.r.t.
my screensaver.

My guess would be that this is because a .saver bundle, when launched by the
screen saver engine, does not count as a process of its own. Or, at least, the
OS will not store a crash log, if the thread crashes.

Should the user be looking somewhere else?

Best regards, Gabriel