El 07/07/2008, a las 0:18, Hamish Allan escribió:

On 7/4/08, Chris Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Under non-GC, an object's memory may not be reclaimed until the current autorelease pool is drained. However, under GC, an object's memory can be reclaimed as soon as the collector can tell there are no more references to
it -- no matter when that is.

I think Joan's point is not that there are circumstances in which the
GC will never reclaim, but that it is not possible to ensure
reclamation deterministically.

[...]

"Collection is subject to interruption on user input" -- with no
mention of when it might be re-started.

Hamish

Thanks Hamish. That was exactly my point, and that citation of the documentation gives more plausibility to it.

(my native language is not English, nor I live in an English speaking country so it can be sometimes difficult for me to express complex things or to know the more appropriate word to express a concept, this is why I tend to paraphrase on my writing, and I understand that it can be difficult to read).

Joan Lluch