Thanks everyone.
I ended up just disabling the option in the end.

Cheers
Jeff

Thanks Andy and Jean-Daniel.

Peter

On 07/07/2008, at 3:34 AM, Andy Lee wrote:

Yes:

<http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2008/07/01/disabling-inactive-menu-items/ >

(by way of DaringFireball)

--Andy

On Jul 6, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

I haven't test but -[NSMenuItem setToolTip:] look fine to do this.
Now, just chek if this methods works even when the item is disabled.