On Jul 18, 2008, at 2:59 PM, j o a r wrote:
On Jul 18, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Andy Lee wrote:
I don't see the difference from the caller's point of view.

There isn't any, and that was not MMalcs point. His point was that you were using the term "autoreleased" incorrectly.

I don't think I have ever said method X returns an autoreleased object. I was suggesting either the term could be accepted in the way that other people (and some Apple docs) use it, or someone could come up with a better term. There is a reason people keep using the term incorrectly, and it would be nice to help people express themselves without stumbling into the error.

--Andy