Hi,
I have an NSCollectionView with an NSArrayController whose repeating NSView contains a single button. When I create a new instance of the NSView I want to get the button's id without using the id that is passed with the IBAction message.
How do I do it?

Currently I have a MyElem class which represents and reacts to the components of the view, in this case the single button. And MyControl which creates MyElemObject(s) and puts them into the NSArrayControllerOblect.

I just can't work out the bindings which I assume must be simple because the example posted by Kevin Hoffman of how to get data to and from an NSTextField inside an NSCollectionView turned out to be simple.
http://iphone.sys-con.com/node/453742

I have tried binding (everything in sight) to NSCollectionView or NSArrayController with representedObject.myThing in the Model Key Path.

I assume that knowing how to do this would help me do the same thing if I substituted a Custom NSView for the button, i.e. that I would be able to get the associated view's id when a MyElemObject gets created.

Thanking you in advance
Julius

http://juliuspaintings.co.uk