On Aug 12, 2008, at 11:04 AM, Matthew Mashyna wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how I can ask a DRDevice what burn speeds it's capable of so I can offer a choice to the user. When I call the status and info messages I don't see anything that looks useful. How can I get and set the burn rate ?

Burn speeds are more dependent on media than the drive. They will only be returned when media is actually present in the drive.

If you don't mind the question, why do you think this is a good idea? Offering the user a choice of burn speeds is a very 90's thing to do, IMHO. Any drive made in the last half decade is virtually guaranteed to have burn underrun protection. Speed is no longer a direct causal factor in failed burns. Now, shoddy media quality... that is entirely a different matter, but again, speed has almost no bearing on it either.

-Ed