For the time being I suppose you could query the Braille font for its maximum character width, then draw each character in a string individually, centering it horizontally within a rectangle that has the maximum width. That would mean manually advancing each character's position on a line and handling wrapping, but it might get you there. This solution would also have the benefit of "just working" if the Braille font is later fixed to be monospace.