has wrote:
... and don't forget stuff like OpenOffice which contain full-blown spreadsheet engines and Excel file importers/exporters.

I'll make a plug for OpenOffice.org here. The 3.0 release for Mac OS X is going to be completely Aqua native with the interface done in Cocoa. This work is all done.

OpenOffice.org also has a SDK that you can install. There is support for C++, Java, and StarBasic. The Java stuff is pretty much cross platform if your environment is setup properly. (There's a script to help with this.)

Anyway, I've been working with the SDK using the 3.1 code. I'll check with Juergen if he thinks it will be usable for the 3.0 release which is due in a month or two.

HtH,
Jason