This is starting to stray a bit from Cocoa code talk, but as a bit of feedback to all Cocoa developers out there who are developing applications to ship to end-users (in contrast to internal corp apps), the lack of uninstallers on Mac apps seems to be a notable omission, for an otherwise stellar platform. I recently ran into a problem with this with Final Cut Studio 2 on my MacBook Pro. For those unfamiliar with FCS2, it takes a huge chunk of disk space to install video / audio assets, which over time / other apps installed left me running out of disk space. Apps like AppZapper don't find all the assets, and when posts to Apple discussion forums net "reinstall OS X" as the best advice for removing FCS2, there's definitely an opportunity there for improvement. (FYI -- I did not reinstall OS X, I went on a Google / file system hunt and eventually got most of it off, to the best of my knowledge).

As a bit of user feedback to Cocoa app developers: if all things were equal between two like apps I was evaluating, if one had an uninstaller, it would tip the scales for me, and keep in mind, I'm a software developer. Non-technical users are going to be all the more -- if yours happens to be the app which results in them getting the "reinstall OS X" advice, that is what the user is going to remember. So in a nutshell, big +1 for uninstallers.