This is C++, not C. You need to be compiling this as Objective-C++, not Objective-C. Easiest way is to change the extension of the file from ".m" to ".mm" if you are using Xcode. As an aside, you do not need the "typedef" in C++. Simply declaring the struct (or class) is enough to declare the type.

Jonathan