On Oct 9, 2008, at 1:40 PM, Ben Trumbull wrote:

That said, the addition of setRelationshipKeyPathsForPrefetching seemed to help even the SMB setup.

Not surprising. More fetching will reduce the window of opportunity for caching problems. I'm guessing you are mostly impacted by the staleness interval over network FS issue.

I'm having a similar problem as the OP, except that I'm not using a network, just plain ol' HFS+. But I've found that, if I have two applications using the same data store, and one of them adds a record into a mandatory-on-the-one-side one-to-many relationship with another record, then even with calling -refreshObject:mergeChanges: in the other app (where supposedly everything is supposed to revert to being a fault), the relationship between records is not updated unless the relationship is refreshed using -setRelationshipKeyPathsForPrefetching:.

Why is this happening? Why does -refreshObject:mergeChanges: apparently not work on relationships on a local volume?

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>