This strange behavior is easy to reproduce using just the Cocoa Simulator.

You can grab an example .xib from:

http://ericgorr.net/MyDocument.xib.zip

Load this .xib into interface builder and run the simulator.

Once the window appears, resize the window to the smallest height you can and then resize back to the original height.

What you will see happen is the 'Label' disappear.

I can see this same behavior in my real application as well.

This looks like a bug to me, but I wanted to confirm it here before I file a report.

If it is not a bug, what can be done to make sure the 'Label' text stays in the upper left corner of the window?

Thank you.