On 4 Nov 2008, at 17:32, Benjamin Stiglitz wrote:

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 06:55:24PM +0000, Amy Heavey wrote:

…
How do I access the count of a to-many relationship?

You’ve got that backwards; you want [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fantastic! Thank You,

Do you mean print out on a printer, or just display on the screen?
I'll be displaying it in a view so it can be saved to PDF.

I figure I need 4 strings, 1 for each 'column' of the table I want, then
I can just create strings with new lines and it will lay itself out
correctly.

If I was binding a tablecolumn I would use the following binding:

arrangedObjects.qty[Purchase Order Items Array Controller
(NSArrayController)]

so how do I loop through the array, setting the string value each time to
create a string along the lines of @"1234/n3698/n3258/n4587/n" where
1234, 3698, 3258 and 4587 are the qty values?

I’m not really clear what you’re doing here. You’ll want to go through
your array controller’s arrangedObjects accessor to get the values, and
then pull out the keys on your own.

Is there an easy way to access the existing Array Controller from the code? I have a suitable Array Controller called Purchase Order Items Array Controller in IB, but I don't see a way to reference this in the code. The Array Controller is bound to the selection of another Array Controller.

At the moment I'm doing all the work again using a fetch request (not that I've got it working yet) to create an array, then looping through the array to pull out the data,

Ideally I'd like to be able to loop through the Purchase Order Items Array Controller arrangedObjects, and then set strings like

for each (object in Purchase Order Items Array Controller ){
qtyString = [[Purchase Order Items Array Controller arrangedObjects] valueForKey:@"qty"];
(where qty is an attributes of the PurchaseOrderItems Entity

but i don't think it works like that!

-Ben

Thanks for all your help though,