Or, you could create an NSView subclass instance with -isFlipped overridden shared among non-flipped views.

You can add the flipped view to your view inside -drawRect: and - lockFocus to it temporarily.

Depending on your rendering needs, this approach is preferable performance-wise than allocating graphics context.

Aki