On Nov 24, 2008, at 6:53 AM, DKJ wrote:

I have a UIView myView that I animate by changing its center property. During the animation, this line is called by an NSTimer every 0.1 seconds:

        CGRect myViewFrame = [[myView.layer presentationLayer] frame];

But sometimes this gives me all NaN values in the CGRect, and things go off the rails.

What might be causing this? Is it some kind of "between frames" condition in the animation?

I'm not exactly certain what is going on here, but since the frame is a derived property, there could be some threading issues causing the fuss. Please file a bug report.

Try watching the position & bounds of the layer instead.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing