On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:06 AM, Corbin Dunn wrote:
Le Dec 1, 2008 à 5:32 PM, Nathan Vander Wilt a écrit :
My Leopard-only application needs to be able to import any image supported by CGImageSource, so I create an NSOpenPanel and pass the array obtained from CGImageSourceCopyTypeIdentifiers() to runModalForTypes. This makes the "Media > Photos" sidebar to show up automatically in the Open panel, which is great.

However, seemingly random pictures in the iPhoto section of this Media Browser are greyed out. I tracked it down, and the problem is that when iPhoto creates an alias to an original file, this is not automatically resolved. (My OpenPanel does leave -resolvesAliases set to YES.) So the type of these random pictures is com.apple.alias-file instead of public.jpeg or any other image format, and the media panel doesn't let me choose these original files even though their aliases would resolve to supported types.

Shouldn't these aliases be resolved before type checking, so that the CGImageSource type identifiers can be used in an open panel without needing custom delegate filtering?

Yes, it should -- can you please log a bug? If possible include steps for how to create the aliases.

Glad to hear it, the bug is rdar://problem/6410673 and should already have some info on how to reproduce. Please let me know if there's anything more you need.

In the meantime, I've worked around this by having the NSOpenPanel accept kUTTypeData to get all files plus kUTTypeJPEG to trigger the photo media browser, then in my own -panel:shouldShowFilename checking the target types plus resolving and rechecking any kUTTypeAliasFile types that slip through at present.

thanks,