On Dec 10, 2008, at 5:38 PM, vince wrote:
I can't seem to set a default icon for my supported docs in a Core Data
project.
The .icns file is in my Bundle and placed in the Resources bin. I manually
inserted the file name in the Target's Supported Document field.
I rebooted my system a few times since and still no changes to the newly
saved files.

When you say you inserted the file name in the Supported Document field, did you include a Name for the document type, a UTI or Extensions (without leading dots) so the system can associate your specific file with the icon, and then also an Icon File name? You may also need to make sure your Target itself has a valid Identifier.

hope this helps,
-natevw