If you can reproduce this in a sample project with your model, you should definitely file a bug. If you can attach your program and steps to reproduce, you could file a bug with that as well.

I've filed Radar 6480291 with the app, user's data file, and instructions.

For the archives, following further followup from Ben, this one's now resolved. No bug in Core Data here, just the mix of the unfortunate way Instruments displays NSManagedObject allocations and the way our particular model, classes, and project are structured resulted in me looking in the wrong classes for the rogue ivars. D'oh.

They've now been discovered and eradicated, and memory usage has returned to sane levels.

Benjamin Rister