In defense of the original poster, I understood perfectly what he was
asking, and the responses he received showed others did, too.  Pretty much
everyone who has heard of FileMaker and Microsoft Office, two extremely
well-known products each available on the Macintosh for well over a decade,
as well as heard of them in the same sentence, has most likely heard
comparisons between Access and FileMaker (as well as heard comments about
why Microsoft hasn't ported Access to the Mac), and can probably surmise
they operate similarly.

In case you're still not informed about what a report writer tool is, it's
typically a subsystem of a software product or a standalone product that
allows an end-user to develop reports to be used in an application.
Comments by others on the forum have given suggestions that an end-user
might just as effectively develop an HTML template (a technology many people
on the list understand and may even have used) that the original poster
could utilize to produce such a report, while others have suggested
utilizing Interface Builder to design one (a technology that people on the
list typically get maligned if they don't use).

If you are still confused about what a report writer is, try Google.  And,
getting back to Microsoft Office, keep in mind that a number of its
components, which are line-of-business applications, originated on the
Macintosh.