The miracle is over.  The out-of-the-box templates in IB only provide
three-view templates (left expression, operator, right expression).
You'll need to subclass NSPredicateEditorRowTemplate and provide the
views and logic you want to use in your template.

I did a presentation for the local CocoaHeads a while back on
NSPredicateEditor and my sample code does show a basic "Date is within
N days/weeks/months/years" if you'd like a starting point.

Go to http://groups.google.com/group/des-moines-cocoaheads/files   and
look for "NSPredicateEditor.zip" (I'd direct link but the URL is a
monster).

--
Jim
http://nukethemfromorbit.com