I'm using IKImageView in an app and while it's far from being a
"fully-featured" control, it can do some things ok.  If all you need
to do is pan and zoom, IKImageView will work just fine.  It's when you
get into more "advanced" things like "rotation" and "saving changes"
where the implementation falls apart.

Stay in the shallow end of the pool and you'll be fine.  If you ever
plan on needing more than just pan and zoom, you'll be better off
looking somewhere else or just rolling your own from the start.

Jim