On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Louis Demers <louisdem...@mac.com> wrote:
> So the controller manages to reconnect the bindings to the selected objects.
> ! That would make sense. All that's left if to figure out the implementation
> details and coerce IB to do what I want. I'll try building a small test app.

Remember that you can bind to a key *path*, not just to a key. And
that a change to any element along the path will update the binding.

With that in mind, I would do this by putting an NSObjectController in
the nib for each palette. Your window controller for the palette
should then observe NSWindowDidBecomeMainNotification and update the
NSObjectController's content pointer to point to the document
corresponding to whatever window is currently the main window. Change
that one pointer, all your bindings re-point, everything is rosy.

Mike