On 12 Feb 2009, at 04:37:35, Michael Ash wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Christian Graus
<christian.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please file a bug and request this functionality.
OK - that would not have occurred to me at all. That works in the Mac world ? Awesome !! I've found plenty of Microsoft bugs, and I was even an MVP at the time, they always ignored me, or told me they were features ( and I
found some MAJOR bugs in WPF ).  I assume if I go to the Apple Dev
Connection and log in, I'll be able to find a place to log bugs ?

Hah, Apple do something about filed bugs, right. Looking at the list
of bugs I've filed, the most common state is "Open". The next most
common state is "Duplicate". And don't think that "Duplicate" means
your bug gets merged into the original and now you get told about
what's happening with the original bug. No, "Duplicate" is a black
hole of information. Once your bug is marked "Duplicate", you lose,
game over, no more information will be arriving, ever.

Filing bugs can be worthwhile. Perhaps 5% of the time it actually gets
results. But be prepared for very little reward.

Mike

Apple have asked for more information on about half of my bugs, but most of them do remain unfixed.