On Mar 2, 2009, at 9:10 AM, mmalc Crawford wrote:

On Mar 2, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Steve Christensen wrote:

http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/Reference/ ApplicationKit/Protocols/NSMenuValidation_Protocol/Reference/ Reference.html
I tried doing that, both in my NSTableView subclass and, just to see if it would make a difference, in my window controller. No difference. This continues to be strange since NSTextFields work just great in that regard. I also tried another test case and created a new Cocoa app project with a table in a window. When I ran it as-is, Select All was disabled. When I subclassed the table and added validateMenuItem:, Select All was enabled. So at this point I'm stuck because nobody even calls validateMenuItem: for my modal window...

Is this on 10.4?
Are you possibly hitting the bug described in <http:// developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ NSPersistentDocumentTutorial104/08_CreationSheet/ chapter_9_section_6.html>?

Yes, this is on 10.4. I suppose it could be that bug, except that NSTextFields work just fine...