On Mar 6, 2009, at 1:29 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

On 3/6/09 11:46 AM, Eric Gorr said:

I found this old thread:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2004/Sep/msg00161.html

which discusses the same problem I am currently experiencing.

On 10.5=3F I don't know when it started, but the home and end keys 'do the right thing' with NSTableView for me in 10.5 (they didn't used to).

Unfortunately, I have my own custom table view, not based on NSTableView, and would like to be able to do the right thing as well.

Now, I can, of course, test for NSHomeFunctionKey & NSEndFunctionKey, but as was mentioned in the thread, this isn't guaranteed to always do the right thing.

If it is a bug that NSResponder does not have a scrollToBeginningOfDocument or scrollToEndOfDocument, I can file a bug report.