On 14 Mar 2009, at 04:27, Roland King wrote:

As NSObject is also a protocol you could probably also do

id <NSObject, Protocol> to say the object supports NSObject and Protocol methods but I never do, partly because it doesn't seem as clear, partly because I know that I'm always going to pass something which is actually descended from NSObject, not just supporting that protocol and partly because the NSObject protocol doesn't have some of the NSObject methods I often end up using.

Or you can define your protocol as extending the NSObject protocol. e.g.

@protocol Foo <NSObject>

// Methods

@end