Hey there,

I had a few questions about selectively suppressing a certain warning in Xcode. I personally find the warning which pertains to local variables hiding instance variables a real nuisance. For example, if you have a message signature with a parameter name which matches an instance variable name, and the compiler produces the following message:

"warning: local declaration of '<variable name>' hides instance variable"

Two questions:

1. I get the gist of trying to prevent developers from accidentally hiding variables -- but is this really a major problem? Other than this, is there a compelling reason to keep this warning in tact, and change variable parameter variable names to make the warning go away?

2. How do you get Xcode to not produce this warning?

Thanks,

Brad