On 28 Apr 2009, at 21:58, Erg Consultant wrote:

Except in the case where one line of code creates the temp file and then another immediately uses it and deletes is - as in my case. There is zero chance the user could FUS faster than my 2 lines of code create and delete the file.

Honestly, I can think of lots of ways to get around that kind of thing (depending on exactly what I wanted to achieve). It really, genuinely is a security hole, no matter how fast you think your program might be running (and it might be going much slower than you think for one reason or another).

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net