On Apr 29, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Ashley Clark wrote:

On Apr 29, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Eric Gorr wrote:

I was wondering if it was possible to get finer control over what type selecting searches in a row.

I have two columns in my table which both contain text. It only makes sense to match what the user is typing to the text found in the first column.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a way to disable type selection on the second column. It seems to be an all-or-nothing feature.

I am certain I could handle this myself by disabling the feature and then modifying the key down method to do the right thing, but was hoping I had missed something.

Implement -tableView:typeSelectStringForTableColumn:row: on your delegate and only return a value for the columns you're interested in having type select work with.

Ah. Thank you. Don't know how I missed that.