Hi Ulai,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Darcy

Hi,

Let's say I want to have the field editor for a table view appear 2 pixel below where it usually is, i.e. shifted 2 pixels down.
How can I do this?

Consider the following hypothetical situation: If I subclass NSTextView and override the drawRect method like this,

- (void)drawRect:(NSRect)rect
{
  NSRect frame = [self frame];
  frame.origin.x += 5.0;
  [self setFrame:frame];

  [super drawRect:rect];
}

and use this subclass for the field editor of my table view, no changes occur. But shouldn't this custom field editor move by 5.0 pixels to the right on and on until it finally disappears and becomes invisible? But for some reasons that does not happen. This means that setting the frame's origin apparently has no effect.

And that is essentially why I'm all blank on how to reposition the field editor. Any ideas?

Thanks, U