On 10 Jun 2009, at 23:02, Arjun SM wrote:
Pardon me for i din't understand (still a novice). I did try adding a
tooltip for the menu item, but when i clicked on the menu bar and hovered the mouse over my Menulet drop down didn't appear even though menuitem of Time Machine, Bluetooth and other applications did drop down. any help is
much appreciated.

Oh, what he's asking is why you can't single-click to drop down one menu, then switch over to a statusbar item's menu without clicking again.

This behavior is common to all status bar items, and is arguably a bug. You can try reporting it to Apple, but it's unlikely to be fixed for a while yet.