On Jun 17, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Nathan Vander
Wilt<nate-li...@calftrail.com> wrote:
I could find no documentation to the effect that re-assigning an object is not allowed, so can I assume this is indeed unintentional? If so, I've got
this test case in project form and would be happy to file a bug.

Please do file a bug.

Filed as rdar://problem/6982962. Workaround is to refactor so you're not doing this, [[o retain] autorelease], or check if the object is already in the map table.

In the meantime, the explicit case you present is always going to be
fraught with peril, because after you release o, you have relinquished
all rights to it.  It's now a weak reference.

Isn't it acceptable practice to let a container object I hold to maintain its objects on my behalf?

thanks,
-natevw