On Aug 19, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Gideon King wrote:
So do I need to override hash too? If so, are there any recommendations as to how to determine the hash easily?

Sorry, just came across this thread that has some more tips:
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/macosx-dev/2003-December/049844.html

If you need better performance from your hash function than my previous suggestion, you can just pick a somewhat unique property and return its -hash. This works because, while equal object have equal hashes, equal hashes don't guarantee equality.

-nvw