On Aug 27, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Ivy Feraco wrote:

in the method I use CGImage to draw .png bitmaps of numerals that count up from 0. The .pngs all have transparency.

Everything works, the counter changes count, but as it changes you can see a slight transition between the two digits. It almost looks like a brief fade, but I don't have any animation applied to it.

This is expected. By default when the contents of an animation change, Core Animation will apply a 0.25s crossfade animation. You can disable this in various ways – see the documentation for -actionForKey:

If your just drawing an image, you could instead just set the contents directly to the image (same issue applies).
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing