> It looks like I'll just have to use other controls to do the same effect in
> IB, and just check of locale.name == "ar" || "he" in code to do the reverse
> drawing.

On 10.6 your heuristic should instead mirror the value of the new
-userInterfaceLayoutDirection accessor in NSApplication (and NSCell).

>From the release notes:
NSApplication
-userInterfaceLayoutDirection is a new NSApplication interface that
returns the default layout directionality of general user interface flow
for the running application. The method returns
NSUserInterfaceLayoutDirectionRightToLeft when running with
localizations such as Arabic or Hebrew that should have the user
interface layout origin on the right edge of the coordinate system.

NSCell (Updated since WWDC 2008)
NSCell now has -userInterfaceLayoutDirection and
-setUserInterfaceLayoutDirection:. This new property describes the
in-cell layout directionality. For NSCell subclasses that have multiple
visual components in a single cell instance, this property should
specify the directionality or flow of components.

-Ben